Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Extended sugar detox Week 5 (with pictures!)

   There was only a minor loss between last week and this week but a win is win:

191.4 lbs.

                                          

   One thing that I noticed is that even though the numbers didn't change very much, there is a big change in my body when I have a major sugar intake. There was a lot more bloating in my abdominal area compared to last week.



The menu for this week is baked chicken thighs and my usual array of veggies. The grocery store was having a sale on them so I stocked up. Snack is omelette muffins and cottage cheese sweetened with xylitol and flavored with extracts. I think I'm going to cut back on the almonds. I tend to OD on them when I put them in my cottage cheese. Exercise is walking/running to work and running group. My goal this week is to have absolutely NO SUGAR, NO CHEATING! I CAN DO THIS! It's only a few more weeks until Halloween and I want to look my best. I did it before and I can do it again.

Week 5 observations
1) Not taking my wallet on break is working out. Less impulse buying on all fronts.
2) Woke up this morning (Wednesday) at 189.8. The goal for next Tuesday is a solid 188.
3) I found new inspiration to keep going with this cleanse: my blue romper. It looks fantastic on me but I can't get it to zip up all the way in the back. So that's my goal.
4) Got refitted for a brassiere today. Went from a 36D to a 38C. I didn't have that much to begin with, how y'all just gonna melt away on me?
5) Didn't realize it until 2:30 this afternoon but I left my wallet at home. I was going to run with the group tonight but I guess I'll just be running home. It'll get done either way.
6) Thursday starts at 189.4. It's not recommended to weigh yourself everyday but I need to do it because it keeps me on track.
7) Friday starts off at 189.2. Woohoo! Steady decline.
8) Not to get too personal but I'm not pooping enough. It used to be like clockwork but something's up. I spent this past weekend drinking more aloe water than I could stand and it barely helped. I ran most of the way to work this morning and that usually does the trick but...nada.
 
Week 5 results
This week wasn't very successful. Ending at 191.8. I'm feeling really down about my results lately. I was really good this week. But I can't give up which is what i wanted to do this morning. I just have to trust the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment