Sunday, September 14, 2014

Becoming Storm (part 1)

   In an earlier post I told you about my love of making costumes. Well Halloween is right around the corner and I am in go mode. Like I said before, what I like about making costumes is being able to make them for as little cost as possible (ideally under $20) and using my ingenuity to make the costume as close to the original but as flattering as possible. This year's costume is a super sexy version of Storm. This right here:

It took me a while to find the pieces that I needed but I found the perfect ones this Saturday. I got these shaper briefs for $7 at Marshalls.

 I'm going to wear both because the white one is a little sheer. I also got the top at Marshalls also for $5. I'm working on it right now so it looks a little funky but wait until you see the final product.



I used spray paint to color the top and was able to get the shape I needed by using a piece that I had in my bag o' costumery. FYI, the spray paint was from some that I already had lying around plus some that I picked up on freecycle.

This is why I don't like to throw things out; you never know when something will come in handy. For the off the shoulder straps I cut some strips out of an old pillowcase, sewed them up and spray painted them.


The costume calls for white boots and I don't feel like going out to buy any. Luckily I had an old pair of boots in the trunk of my car and plenty of white spray paint.

 All of this was accomplished between late Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. Since summer decided that she's just gonna up and leave I'm more inclined to stay in the house so there will be ample time to get everything ready in time for Halloween. It looks rough now but I'm really excited to see what it looks like in the end. I'll keep you posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment