Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Extended sugar detox Week 1 (with pictures!)

   Hopefully you read my last post was about my sugar detox results. If not go here. I liked what happened in 21 days so I decided to try it again for an extended period of time. So from 9/9/14 until Halloween (my favorite time of year), I'm going to do the sugar detox again and document it weekly with pictures for my and whatever soul might be reading to see. Why? Because I want to be Storm this year and she's a bad bitch. Or health. Or whatever. This is me on September 9, 2014:
195.4 lbs., 40" waist
   This week's menu is pretty simple. 3-4 meals consisting of 4 ounces of store bought rotisserie chicken (or a 4 ounce homemade burger patty if I'm feeling fancy), 1 cup of vegetables, and 1/5 of an avocado with 2 of those meals. I was feeling lazy and didn't want to do my usual meat prep, which is extensive (thank my Haitian momma). The vegetables for this week consist of roasted cauliflower, roasted brussel sprouts, and blanched broccoli. Daily snacks are 1 omelette muffin, 12 almonds, and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese flavored with fruit extract/vanilla and sweetened with Splenda (spare me the Splenda rants, it be good). Exercise for the week: bootcamp on Monday, bike to and from work Tuesday, running group on Wednesday, bike to and from work Friday.

   Some of my observations on Week 1
1) Blanched broccoli is a great colon cleanser. I was out on break and had to high tail it back to the office to use the facilities. Blanched broccoli is cooked just enough that I don't feel like I'm eating shrubbery, but raw enough that I get all of the fiber benefits.
2) Starting the detox wasn't as hard as it was the last time. I like the fact that it is so regimented. It gives me less room for fudging the numbers.
3) I love weighing myself in the morning! Went to sleep at 195.4 and woke up at 192.6. (9/10/14)
4) Woke up this morning at 190.4. I feel like the weight loss this week is due mostly to an increase in fiber and no cheese to gum up the works.
5) A good run at the end of the day is a great way to stimulate your intestines.
6) Less an observation, more a goal. I'm hoping to be at 185 by next Tuesday. My goal for the duration of this cleanse is to be down to 175 by Halloween.
7) I'm a cheap date now. 2 drinks and I'm done. I went to happy hour with some friends and had 2 vodka seltzers.
8) So I was bad this weekend. Not terrible but I wasn't adhering to the serving sizes of protein I was supposed to have. Friday and Saturday I went overboard on almonds and on Sunday I biked to Mr. P's BBQ truck, got a half slab of pork ribs and ate the whole damn thing. To my surprise I still woke up this morning at 189.8. I'm glad there was a drop but I still wonder what the scale would have said if I had made better choices. (Sidenote: Mr. P's has some of the best ribs I have ever tasted. They are located at 6th & Rhode Island NW.)
9) I finally got the pieces I need for my Storm costume. I don't look bad but I could stand to lose a couple of inches around the waist. More motivation to keep going with this cleanse.
10) I need to be really diligent about my water intake. It really helps with digestion and helps me to feel more satiated with my meals. My goal is going to be 4 thermos fulls a day.
   Week 1 Results
Woke up this morning at 190.6. That's 4.8 lbs from last Tuesday morning. I'm telling you the system works! I don't know why I thought I could lose 10 lbs in 1 week but being down almost 5 lbs is alright with me! I'm going to post pictures on the Week 2 update so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment