Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Extended Sugar detox Week 3 (with pictures!)

 So following last week's will power fiasco we start week 3 of the cleanse on the other side of the scale. As you can see (or maybe I'm the only one who sees it) it only takes a couple of pounds to affect my body shape. FYI: I show these pictures in my bathing suits to be brutally honest with myself and with whoever might be reading this. You can't hide from the truth when everything is stripped away.
 
 
193.8, 39" waist



  This week I've switched out the rotisserie chicken for skinless baked lemon chicken that I cooked myself as well as leaving out avocados and switching my almond snack for an extra egg white omelette muffin. Same veggies as last week because I'm lazy. I went to Trader Joe and found all of my veggies pre-cut and packaged. Woohoo! Exercise this week is biking to and from work and running group.

Week 3 observations
1) I really miss my rotisserie chicken but I know I won't take off the skin. Plus it's loaded with sodium which is probably making me retain water.
2) I need to go to sleep earlier. That keeps me from going overboard. I'm going to try to have last meal by 7 and go to sleep soon after.
3) I'm getting bored with my workout groups (minus running). I have to start doing my individual workouts again. I'm going to be making good use of my local recreational centers as it gets colder.
4) Wednesday morning woke up at 192 lbs. I've been making it a point to eat my broccoli first thing in the morning because it has the most fiber.
5) Apparently I've been measuring my waist size wrong. I've been measuring right under my navel rather than on it. My waist is 39". Woot!
6) It rained Thursday so I didn't bike to work but I got my workout in ;-).
7) Thursday I also went out to dinner with some friends and while I didn't stay away from the bread, I was very proud of myself for limiting my consumption to the 2 smallest pieces.
8) Cashews are crack. I have to stop taking my wallet with me on break. They were on sale and I bought a container and went HAM.
9) This weekend I stuck to my clean eating in the house but I also had a very eventful weekend and ate out some. Shame shame to me but I regret nothing.
10) I tried on my birthday dress which I haven't worn since May and it fits even better! Before I had to turn it around to get it zipped and suck it in a little. I was able to zip it up in the back with no trouble. Woot!
11) I tried to bike to work Monday morning but I got a flat halfway through and had to take the bus the rest of the way. I'm going to walk home to make up the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment