Tuesday, July 1, 2014

I hate eating vegetables...

...so I drink them.

   I think vegetables are gross. If I had it my way it would be bacon cheeseburgers all day. I'm a meat and potatoes girl and prior to my mid-twenties, one would be hard-pressed to find anything green on my plate. I don't like salad dressing so covering my veggies in it gives a 1000% certainty that I won't be eating them. As I've gotten older I've become better about incorporating vegetables into my diet but by far the most enjoyable way for me to get them in is to throw them in a blender. I can get a large volume of them in quickly and sweeten it up with some fruit to make it more palatable for me.

   I've been experimenting with different smoothie recipes and I'm always looking for new ones. So what are some of your favorites? Any particular ingredients that kick your smoothies into high gear? I've been putting beets in mine lately and they're pretty tasty. Also how do you get your veggies in? Any tips to make those suckers taste good without smothering them in salt and butter?

No comments:

Post a Comment